2021 Emerging Technologies Competition
Welcome to the competition application portal
Applications for the competition close 23.59pm BST Sunday 18 April.
Before applying checklist:
- Please ensure you read the Rules of Contest which contains important information about all aspects of the competition.
- If you are new to the competition you will need to create an account in the sign up section on the right hand side.
- During the open and close dates of the application process you can save and continue your application at any point.
- All applicants will hear in June and those successful will need to be available on 29 & 30 June for the final*.
- All applicants will be invited to an IP webinar hosted by our competition sponsors Reddie & Grose, taking place in May with exact date tbc.
*The live final will be taking place online, if you are shortlisted you will need to be available for the full day on 29 & 30 June.
Criteria for entering:
- Applications from academic entrepreneurs and small companies.
- Applicants from small companies must have less than 20 employees.
- Applicants from small companies must have raised less than £2million in grant and equity funding.
- Technologies/ ideas must have a strong chemistry component and relevant to the competition categories: Health/ Energy & Environment/ Food & Drink/ Enabling Technologies.
- Based in UK, EU, Switzerland, Norway or Iceland.
- We advise that the technology you enter has some form of protection.
- Applicants are required to be available on 29 & 30 June if shortlisted
If you have any questions regarding your application or the process, please contact: Emily Vipond, Programme Manager - Enterprise
Best of luck,
Royal Society of Chemistry - Industry Team.