Inspirational Member Awards
Our Inspirational Member Awards recognise the contribution of individual members who, through our member networks, have been instrumental in introducing and driving new ideas and approaches to support the full breadth of our community.
These awards recognise activities undertaken under the auspices of our member-led networks (normally Local Sections, Interest Groups, Division Regions and Early Career Network).
- Run annually
- A maximum of five awards can be made each year
- Winners receive a trophy
- This award is only open to current members of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Honorary or permanent officers of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Trustees and members of the Member Communities Board, shall not normally be eligible to receive the award whilst in office.
- Non-members and past members of the Royal Society of Chemistry are not eligible for this award.
- Any current member of the Royal Society of Chemistry may submit nominations for this award.
- Staff and non-members of the RSC are not permitted to submit, second or support nominations for this award.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted for this award.
- It is not possible for a member to be awarded this award and an Award for Exceptional Service in the same year. Nominators should not submit nominations for the same individual for both awards in a single year.
- An individual can normally only receive this award once. Consideration will be given to nominations for previous winners for previously unrecognised activities.